Error executing SQL. Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0.

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:38 PM

Hello,

When a field is updated in an infopath forms that is stored within a Sharepoint 2007 library, I need to update a field in a SQL table. However, when I make the change within the form to fire the workflow, it is unable to fire the command. The workflow starts properly because I've tested other actions. The error that shows up in the sharepoint error log for that document is : "Error executing SQL. Format of the initialization string does not conform to specification starting at index 0."

The SQL statement I'm firing is a simple UPDATE statement that I have tested within SQL Server Management Studio so I do not believe that is the issue. I've run a trace with SQL Server profiler and it it doesn't appear as though the the form is making any contact with SQL. I'm pretty confident that my connection string is correct so I am perplexed with this one. Anyone have an insight that they can share?

Thanks!

Elliott

System

Sharepoint server 2007, WSS 3.0, infopath 2007

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Hi Elliot,

this should work. Can you post the exact sql statement inthe action, connectionstring and provider

bye, Christian

Jun 22, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Hi Christian,

Thanks for responding. You are indeed correct, it should have worked and it did as soon as I found the error I had in the connection string.

Best!

Elliott