Include User Info List with "Lookup Field with Picker 2010"?

Jul 30, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Is there any way to include the User Information List in the available lists to attach to? 

I've downloaded the source, but I'm not able to make heads or tails with it and do not have a lot of time to sort it out.  My reason for requesting/wondering this feature is becuase I have a calendar site where users add an event for vacation requests.  I have a workflow that auto populates a "Person Requesting Time Off" field with the user who created the item.  The workflow also looks up the user in the User Information List and finds two custom fields: Supervisor and OfficeName, and adds those values to the event fields of the same name.  And finally, it sends an email to the supervisor.

The reason for the OfficeName is becuase users who view the calendar will filter it based on their office name.  The potential problem is if the person moves to a different office then the OfficeName in previously created events will be wrong.  I want the OfficeName to be joined to the "Person Requesting Time Off" field.

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2010 at 9:26 AM

This would be difficult. In Looup Field with Picker 2010 I used the built-in lookup field configuration control. Unfortunately this controls does not support the user info list. Maybe you can join this information with a XSLT View in SharePoint designer.

Bye, Christian

Aug 6, 2010 at 2:55 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Is the search only on sharepoint lists or can we use bdc as a source to search with multi-select mode?