Need help with using the Call Webservice

Nov 23, 2010 at 11:19 PM

From the top.  Love this piece.  Here is what I want to do.  (keep in mind I am very new to soap and have only posted because I have spent a lot of time trying to figure this out).  I have 2 list.  Project List and Service Request List.  The Service Request list is using the iLSP Picker as is the Project so we can associate Request that are to be included in a release of the software project.  We want to be able to Update all the service request associated with the Project using the ID of the project to find all the Service request that are attached to it and have the Project Id in the picker.  Basically I need to use the Call Web service to Getlistitems and pass it to another Call Webservice for UpdateListItems and Update all the list items with that Project ID in the Picker.  My specific problem is with the query.  I am using U2U Caml Query to get the list items.  The query there works fine but doesn't seem to in the soap envolope.  I also used the U2U Caml Query to buit the query for the UpdateListItems.  Below is the soap envolope that I have for the Get list Items.  Didn't want to post the UpdateListItems one until I could actually get results back.  Any ideas or suggestions are very much appreciated.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap12:Envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:soap12="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope">
  <soap12:Body>
    <GetListItems xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">
      <listName>Call Tracker Service Requests</listName>
      <viewName>All Open Service Request</viewName>
      <query>
      <Query>
   <Where>
      <Eq>
         <FieldRef Name='Project_x0020_Association' />
         <Value Type='LookupFieldWithPicker'>[%Project Tracking:ID%]</Value>
      </Eq>
   </Where>
</Query>
<ViewFields>
   <FieldRef Name='ID' />
   <FieldRef Name='Project_x0020_Association' />
</ViewFields>
<QueryOptions>
   <DateInUtc>True</DateInUtc>
</QueryOptions>
      <webID>string</webID>
    </GetListItems>
  </soap12:Body>
</soap12:Envelope>

Coordinator
Nov 28, 2010 at 8:04 AM

Sorry, for the late response.

[%Project Tracking:ID%]  I'm sure what this will return. Could be the ID, display text or the internal format 1;#title. Just log it to the history. Value type will depends on the result, Text or Integer with LookupId='true'.

Just an idea...

Bye,

Christian