Lookup Field with Picker does not save data

Sep 23, 2011 at 11:40 PM

This looks great but I can not get it to work. I added the field to a Content Type at the site collection level and then used that content type on a sub-site in the same site collection. The selected data is not saved to the item. I can use the power pick to select items from a list but nothing is saved.

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2011 at 7:19 AM

This a current issue caused by CUs that came after SP1. I guess you have one of this CUs installed? I'm going to fix it within next week.

Bye,

Christian

Sep 28, 2011 at 7:34 PM

Actually, both of our Dev and Prod still RTM (may be some CUs, but not June CU and No SP1). Dev is fine but production gives "No exact match was found". In dev, the column was local to document library. In prod, the column is Site Column. Could this be the issue? Please let me know when you have new WSP.

Oct 3, 2011 at 12:17 AM

I have got the problem caused by the CU. I noticed it stopped working on the development machine after the upgrade, but the production machine (without update) is fine.

Would be great if you could look into it when you have got a moment. Love the picker and miss it dearly at the moment. :)

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Hi, there is a supposed fix in this thread: http://ilovesharepoint.codeplex.com/workitem/16598

Oct 4, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Ah yes, that worked! Excellent, thanks heaps.

Oct 4, 2011 at 8:51 AM

Hi,

the solution does not work in our enviroment. :(

Oct 4, 2011 at 9:23 AM

1st Enviroment SharePoint Server with August CU

2nd Evnviroment SharePoint Foundation with August CU

On Both the Fix does not work. Any Suggestions? Thx