Wish List

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Just post your ideas...
Jul 22, 2008 at 7:19 AM
Hello, first of all i think the Lookup field is great! But what i'm missing is that i can search the "Name" field in a Document library if i have a lookup field to a document library.

Greetings Kevin
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2008 at 4:30 PM
Hello Kevin,

thanks for your suggestion, I'll have a look at it.
Actually I'm working on Version 2.0, the new Version allows you to choose the search fields and  using query operators (contains, equals, not equals, begins with, greater than...)

Bye,
Christian
Jul 23, 2008 at 6:57 AM
Hello Christian,

I can't wait to see version 2.0!
Im also trying to understand your source, so maybe i come with some more suggestions in the futher.

Bye,
Kevin
Coordinator
Jul 24, 2008 at 8:25 PM
Hey Kevin,

I've published version 2.0. I hope is good for something.
Searching for the name is now possible, but you can't choose it as display value for the entity.
It's an issue with computed fields and lookups. Perhaps in a later release...

Next two weeky I'm on holiday.

Bye,

Christian
Aug 4, 2008 at 11:12 AM
Edited Aug 4, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Hey Christian.

I installed the lookup field in a Portuguese environment and simply doesn't work at all :(

I thing thats waht you meen by "Language are English and German only", I'm right?

So, in my wish list I'll put portuguese integration, or some "How to's" in order to get that feature working...

I wish you good holiday

Bye,
Roger (Portugal)

Coordinator
Aug 6, 2008 at 1:43 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2008 at 8:21 PM
Hi Roger,

I've only tested the field on english and german environments, but theoretically (with SharePoint you never know really) it should works in a portugese env.
Have you copied the resource files as described in the readme.txt? If that doesn't help copy the iLoveSharePoint.Fields.LookupFieldWithPicker.resx and rename it to  iLoveSharePoint.Fields.LookupFieldWithPicker.pt-pt.resx.
To include a portugese resource file insn't a problem at all, except that I can't speak portugese.
Do you want to translate it, just a few lines?

Bye,
Christian
Aug 13, 2008 at 1:12 PM
Hi Christian,

I tried the picker once more, done some extra tests and still doesn't work :(

I already copy the files to the App_GlobalResources folder.
Tried to change the name and add pt-pt tag like you said but generates an error. (before and after the iisreset)

This is what's happening with the picker right now:
 - No problems on install
 - No problems on creating the field
 - No problems on verify the user with the check user button
 - Problems with the search window
    -- Doesn't return the results (I tried all operators combinations)
    -- If the word matches exactly with the item on the list generates this error: "Column 'GUID String' does not belong to the table"

I can help you with translation file. Just send me the file to translate (en to pt-pt) and I make it happen.

Bye,
Roger
Coordinator
Aug 13, 2008 at 3:22 PM
Hi Roger,

I don't think the language causes the error. 
Do you get a callback error in the picker? If so take a look at http://www.codeplex.com/iLoveSharePoint/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=7113 and try to at the ID to the searchable columns.
If not create an issue in the issue tracker.

Thanks for your offering.

Bye,
Christian
Aug 13, 2008 at 4:42 PM
Hi Christian,

I agree, the error probably did not came from the language file.

I got the same problems referenced on that issue. So I we can take this discussion there.

Bye,
Roger
Aug 13, 2008 at 6:27 PM
Edited Aug 13, 2008 at 6:30 PM
Hi,

A feature that could be very handy is: the possibility to add default value.

Real example: A Help Desk operator creates a new ticket that generates a task. But this operator could generate tickets on is own name or generate tickets for someone in a contact list. It would be nice if it's own name it's already filled out, and it was only necessary change it if the ticket was for someone else.

Hope you understand my point.

Bye,
Roger
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2008 at 4:17 PM
Hi Roger,

thanks fou your suggestions. What you mean with contact list, an ordinary sharepoint contact list or a sharepoint user?
The problem with this scenario is that the default value is dynamic, it's the current user. The user has alreay an id in the sharepoint user list. Means if you use a contact list you've to use the user's name wich must exactly match the conacts name. For the picker this a very special scenario, sounds more like an individual solution. I think you can get  what you want using sharepoint designer and Java Script. So far I know there's a js variable for the current user, just make a custom list form, search the picker element and set the user's name.

Bye,
Christian
Aug 18, 2008 at 10:46 AM
Hi Christian,

I really meant a sharepoint user.

I thing that the ability to add default values it's very handy, especially on repetitive tasks. Having to fill the same field with the same value over and over it's not a good user experience.

I thing I will follow your suggestion and investigate the javascript approach.

Thanks,
Roger

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2008 at 9:24 PM
Hi Roger,

okay, okay, I will look what I can do;-)
By the way do you have checked to use the picker as a non admin. I think there's security bug (sneaked in while fixing the cross-site-column issue).
See issue list. Can you cofirm this? I've already fixed this, but doesn't make a build, because I want to add (perhaps) the default value feature.
Hope I can do this tomorrow.

Bye,
Christian
Aug 21, 2008 at 10:17 AM
Hi Christian,

Yes, I can confirm that issue, below admin privileges users got the "Access Denied exception".
Besides that, I thing it's all working great, but I have not tested in a production environment. (yet)

Cheers,
Roger
Coordinator
Aug 21, 2008 at 3:05 PM
Hey Roger,

should be fixed with Lookup Field with Picker 2.5.
Additionaly includes your beloved default value feature ;-)
You can choose the user info list as lookup list and use the [CurrentUserId] placeholder as default value.
Supports also constants values and url params. Url params mean you can read the default value from an url param.

Bye,

Christian
Aug 21, 2008 at 4:59 PM
Edited Aug 21, 2008 at 5:17 PM
Sweeeeeet :)

I'll give it a test run.

And what about the translation issue? Do you want a v2.6vwith portuguese suport?

Edit// At this point (from v2.3 to v2.5) I didn't need to change/copy the resx file to App_GlobalResources, can you confirm that?
For me it's all working fine.

Bye,
Roger
Coordinator
Aug 22, 2008 at 5:49 PM
Hi,

you don't need to copy the *.resx files.
I don't need. Do you need? We could do that.
Sorry for the inconvenience with 2.50.

Any more ideas?

Bye,
Christian
Sep 24, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Hi,
Christian it great project!
I have one problem:
I'm trying to use lookup with picker in Document library (with more than 10 000 items). Documents in this library can be related to each other via master-detail field.
I used text field  with reference to master document ID (ID- standart field). I created standart lookup field with reference to same document library and ID field selection . In dataview copied values from text field to new lookup field.
Using your powershel script converted lookup field into lookup with picker.
Everything works ok, only EditForm.aspx form have bug:   lookup with picker field is empty! In DisplayForm.aspx value exist.
After entering value in EditForm and saving nothing changed. Value is still in list view, dislpay form but not visible in Editform.
If  I open in edit form (with no visible value) and just save (Ok button) value in list view will disapear (seams value is deleted).

Document are stored in diferent folders with diferents rights.
Before I made all the same steps on small library (with 10 items) and it works perfect !

Please help to solve problem.
Saulius

Coordinator
Sep 24, 2008 at 10:00 AM
Hi Saulius,
please ensure you're using the latest release 2.55. I've got the same issue and fixed it.
The problem was that the search dialog did a recursive search and the entity picker to resolve the picker did not -> In editform the lookup for the field fails and it will empty.
Please retry and tell me if it solves your issue.
Bye,Christian
Sep 26, 2008 at 5:45 AM
Edited Sep 26, 2008 at 10:37 AM
Hi Christian,
Thanks, it works! Seem I forgot to retract the solution before upgrading to new version.
I love sharepoint too ! :)
Bye, Saulius
Sep 26, 2008 at 7:35 AM
Edited Sep 26, 2008 at 11:04 AM
Hi Christian , again :)
Why lookup with picker field is not visible in Filter Criteria dialog box (field name column), when I try to set filter for data source in MS Sharepoint Designer, based on this field? Standart lookup field is there, and available for seting filtering criteria. After setting query field parameter directly in page code its appeared in previous mentioned dialog box as last item.

One new problem: field does not allow empty values, even it is not marked as "Require that this column contains information: "
I got a message :
"Value is not among the set of valid lookup values."
, when tried to upload new document without setting field lookup with picker value (this item is master and have no relation to other items).

Bye,Saulius
Coordinator
Sep 27, 2008 at 11:51 AM
Edited Sep 27, 2008 at 3:01 PM
Hi Saulius,
I'll fixe the second issue this evening. You fix something, but another thing breaks, really pain in the ass ;-)

Seems SharePoint Designer doens't like custom fields as search criteria, but markup does!
You have to edit the query in the markup like this:
<View><Query><Where><Eq><FieldRef Name='Picker' LookupId='true'/><Value Type='LookupField'>3</Value></Eq></Where></Query></View>

LookupId='true' means search for the id instead of the text.
As value you can also use Parameters like {param1}

Thanks for your help,
Christian
Coordinator
Sep 27, 2008 at 3:21 PM
Hi Saulius,
the "Value is not among the set of valid lookup values" issue is fixed in 2.56.
Bye, Christian