Convert to Office 365?

May 28, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Your workflow actions do look impressive, but unfortunately cannot be used on an Office 365 environment. Is it possible to convert for Office 365? I believe it has to run sandboxed then.

On sharepoint247.com they did some conversion for a webpart: http://sharepoint247.com/sharepoint2010/subsites-webpart-for-office-365/

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Coordinator
May 30, 2012 at 6:13 AM

Yes, a conversion of some of them would be possible.

e.g. Create Site, Get Parent Folder, Regex

Of some of them I've already prototypes. But not yet the time to finish them.

Bye, Christian 

Jun 8, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Thanks for looking into this. I would need Create Site the most as I have a project template based on a site. I hope this Create a site will work on custom site types also then.

Regards

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I'm publishing them right now... :D

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Here we go:

http://www.ilovesharepoint.com/2012/06/released-sandboxed-sharepoint-workflow.html

Jun 9, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Great, will install them right now! Then it comes to creating workflows, still have to figure that out ;) Have to make some sort of button or link at a site level which will ask for a project name and then will create a subsite from a site-template I already made. All of Sharepoint/Office365 is kinda new to me so: opportunities ahead :D

Thnx again

Jun 10, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Edited Jun 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Did you test "Create new site" yourself? And if so, could you please provide me with an example especially for the templatename? I keep getting an error and cannot seem to figure out what the cause is. Error is the same every time, whatever I try to do:

https://<siteurl> bevat het ongeldige teken ':'.  

This is a dutch description and means that the URL contains an invalid character ':' 
Where ofcourse <siteurl> is the real url which should have been created. Any clues?

I can't find where I would be using a ':' character anywhere. Tried it with my own template and with an empty template. How can it get the name of the template anyway? Maybe it can't find the template?
I could be examning this thing in VS, but unfortunately I'm missing out the basic Sharepoint dll's 

Thnx!

Jun 10, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Sorry, I tackled the error already. I used the complete URL to the new site, which ofcourse contains :.
Now I use the relative path, but I get an empty site, for which I have to assign a template when I click it.

So again I need to find out how to get the correct template name for my custom template.. :S 

Coordinator
Jun 11, 2012 at 5:59 AM

I've just double checked that, you can use the same name as shown in the create site dialog e.g. "test 1"

Bye,

Christian

Jun 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Christian,

The sandboxed (O365) solutions you published are great. Thanks a bunch for your efforts.

Definitely interested in seeing some of the other workflow actions converted to O365!

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Thanks for the awesome tools. Is there any way to get the GetParentFolder working with O365? Thanks!