Workflow Extensions - powershell

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM

I am developing a solution for our users to have an environment in which they can create their own site collections for projects and collaboration. We are going beyound the self service site creation page though. We are using custom workflows to create site collections, add groups and users, and hopefully move the site collection to the correct content database.

I am trying to use your powershell  workflow component but may need some help getting it to work properly.
I would like to use that component to run the powershell code to move the site collection. However I am coming up short. It appears that the powershell code will not execute.

Can you assist with this by explaining how to get powershell code to work from the workflow you created?

Coordinator
Jul 9, 2012 at 5:26 AM

Hey, should works. Did you check the log files for further details? By defalt the scripts have to be signed before they can be executed, see documentation.

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:45 PM

I have the ExeuctionPolicy set to Unrestricted (Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted) but I still get this error.

Coordinator
Jul 10, 2012 at 7:48 AM

This setting does only work for the shell. Read this http://ilovesharepoint.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Execute%20PowerShell%20Script%20Action&referringTitle=Workflow%20Actions%20for%20SharePoint%20Designer%202010 (Script Signing)