dumb question: how to edit the script

Oct 29, 2008 at 7:18 PM
Hello UG:

I was able to download and deploy the Powerwebpart. Also, activating the feature worked fine.

I can bring a web part into the page, but when I Modify Shared WebPart, the toolpane comes up, but I cannot see the script.

There is a link that says "Script (100 rows)", but when I click on it nothing happens. :-(

I assume this is some very trivial problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards..RogerW
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2008 at 8:26 PM
Edited Oct 29, 2008 at 8:28 PM
Hi Roger,

the link should open a popup to edit the script. Popup blocker? 
After applying the script in the popup you've also click on apply or okay in the webpart's toolpane to see your changes in the web part.

Bye, Christian
Oct 29, 2008 at 9:31 PM
Thanks Christian:

Maybe there is some issue with this. Basically the "add description" boxes for each parameter do come up. The box for the script does not.

Also when I hold the mouse over the "add description" list, in the status bar I can see "javascript:powerWebPartEditorShowPopup('......".

But when I hold the mouse over the Script link, nothing shows in the status bar.

The only change I made was to the url in the deploy.bat (from locahost to my server). My server is on a "non-80" port number.

Maybe I will try to look at the code to see if I can figure out what is wrong.

Regards..RogerW
Coordinator
Oct 29, 2008 at 10:04 PM
Hi,
that's weird.
I'm just testing version 2.0 with AJAX support.
Assembly has a new key and version. If you haven't done anthing with V1.0 I recommed uninstalling V1.0.
Bye, Christian