PowerWebPart 2.0

Coordinator
Oct 30, 2008 at 10:49 PM
Anything about SharePoint PowerWebPart 2.0...
Dec 30, 2008 at 5:46 PM
I have installed both PowerWebPart 1.0 and 2.0 and in both cases, when I try to add the webpart to a page, I recieve the following error message: 

Unable to add selected web part.  PowerWebPart with example: A Webpart or Web Form Control on this page cannot be displayed or imported.  The type is not registered as safe.  

I see in the web.config where the SafeControl entries are, but I am not sure what I need to put in the web.config file to make it work.
Coordinator
Dec 30, 2008 at 5:58 PM
Hi,

the following entry must be in the web.config of the web app you want to use it. Deploy.bat should add the value automatically for port 80 web.config. 
<SafeControl Assembly="iLoveSharePoint.WebControls.PowerWebPart, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f77686204a6dd39" Namespace="iLoveSharePoint.WebControls" TypeName="*" Safe="True" />

Bye, Christian
Jan 22, 2009 at 4:06 PM

Thanks, it wasn't in there but it cleared the error, once I added it.  The second server I installed this webpart on, it did put the entry in the web.config.  Now on both servers that I have tried this on, I get the following error.  Unable to add selected web part(s).  PowerWebPart 2.0:  The Web part you attempted to add no longer exists in the closed web parts gallery.  Refresh your browser to update the Web Part Page and the Gallery.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

Coordinator
Jan 22, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Hi,

Please ensure that you have done the steps in the web.config. Take a look in the WebPart Gallery that the PowerWebParts*.webart are there and that within the files the assembly iLoveSharePoint.WebControls.PowerWebPart, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f77686204a6dd39 . is referenced. Sometimes iisreset helps to solve weird issues.
Usually this all should match by deployment.
The SharePoint log in the 12 hive folder could clarify - take a look.

Bye, Christian