ConvertLookupFieldWithPickerToLookup.ps1

Dec 3, 2008 at 6:45 PM
I am trying to use your ConvertLookupFieldWithPickerToLookup.ps1 script. I can't seem to get the syntax correct to make this work. The error I get is:

Unable to index into an object of type Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListCollection.
At D:\ILoveSP\iLoveSharePoint.Fields.LookupFieldWithPicker_2.56\ConvertLookupFieldWithPickerToLookup.ps1:15 char:20 + $list = $web.Lists[$ <<<< listName];

Do you have an example of the syntax for this?

Is there more description on how this works after it is converted?  My thought is that this will allow me to use your functionality to find a record in a large list without) hitting "new".
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2008 at 9:18 PM
Lookup field with picker Screenshots:
http://cglessner.blogspot.com/2008/07/lookup-field-with-picker.html

The two .ps1 scripts are to covert a normal lookup in lookup a field with picker and to convert a lookup field with picker back to a normal lookup.

Bye, Christian
Dec 3, 2008 at 9:51 PM
I've installed the web part and it works fine.  Are you saying that I should point the script above at a normal lookup and it will convert it to a lookup with the picker?

Have you thought about making this a more generic picker and then being able to connect the search result from the web part to another web part?  In other words, make the picker a better version of the "Form Web Part"?  You could then do a search with the picker and send the output to other web parts.