'Create Site' Error

Mar 3, 2009 at 6:09 AM
Hi,

When I use the 'create site' action I get the following error 

Error creating Site. The language is not supported on the server.

Could you please provide some guidance?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Mar 3, 2009 at 8:50 AM
Hi,

the action takes the locale id of the parent web. Means the template must have the same language as the parent web.
Template name should include extension  e.g. mytemplate.stp
Hope this helps.

Bye, Christian
Mar 3, 2009 at 7:55 PM
Hi Christian,

I am using the correct template extension. I am also using a site that is an english site completely - no other languages. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Mar 4, 2009 at 12:52 AM
Hi Christian,

After playing around with this I discovered that the locale in the regional settings is causing the error. I am in Australia and so my locale is set to english (australia). Unfortunately this causes an error. If I change my parent site settings to english (United States) then the workflow works perfectly.

Could you please advise of how I can get this to work with my locale set as english (Australia).

Many thanks.
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2009 at 6:10 PM
Hi,

as I said it takes the language code from the parent site e.g. 1033. This must match the language code within your template. Open the stp to verify that the language code matches to the parent site. If you want another behavior you can change it in the source code. Hope you get it working.

Bye, Christian
Jun 10, 2010 at 11:52 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2010 at 3:06 AM

Hi Christian,

I am also having this problem.

My parent site has a language of 1033 (English US) and locale of 3081 (English Australia).

My child site template also has a language of 1033 and a locale of 3081 - I have checked the manifest.xml file.

Yet I still get 'Error creating Site. The language is not supported on the server'.

What else should I check?

OR does your original answer suggest that the locale of the parent i.e. 3081 must be used as the language of the child site?

Thank you.

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2010 at 2:51 PM

There was an error in teh action. It has been taken the locale instead of the language for the creation of the subsite. Is fixed: http://ilovesharepoint.codeplex.com/releases/view/20898

Now you can also specify the language code of the subsite, 0 means language from the parent site.

Bye, Christian

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Christian,

Doesn't look like this issue has been resolved.

Looking in CreateSiteActivity.cs line 170 you have:

(uint)parentWeb.Locale.LCID

When i change to (uint)Language everything work as expected.

In my case the language is 1033 (English US) but all our sites have a Local of 2057 (English UK)