PowerWebPart 3.0 Module Library Security

Sep 15, 2009 at 9:52 PM
Edited Sep 15, 2009 at 10:01 PM

Ok, I'm in love with PowerWebPart.  I've made it do some fantastic things and would now love to consolidate some of the functions and code I've developed and be able to use the Import-PowerModule functions. 

I'm running into a couple big obstacles however. The biggest obstable is that we use different service accounts for every SharePoint instance on the farm, to keep them totally contained and sandboxed.  While I can give everyone Read access to the site, the core problem on the server is lack of SQL permissions to the content database hosting the library. 

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3
Event Category: Database
Event ID: 5214
Date:  9/15/2009
Time:  4:17:04 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: <BLANKED>
Description:
Insufficient SQL database permissions for user '<USER>' in database 'WSS_SOMEAPP_Content' on SQL Server instance 'sqldb'. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'proc_ListUrls', database 'WSS_SOMEAPP_Content', schema 'dbo'.

I can't really see any way around this without either granting other service accounts too much access to a web app, or create yet another instance of SharePoint on the farm to hold the script library.

EDIT: As an additional FYI, if I use the web part on the SharePoint instance the Module library is on, Import-PowerModule works fine.  It's only when accessing another instance using a different service account.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thanks

Aaron330i